Friday, May 6, 2011

Beautiful Inside & Out

Hello!! I have gotten to spend so much time in my crafting room lately!! It has been awesome!! I came up with this card so quickly. I find the cuts from Kate's ABC's are so detailed that I really don't have to add a lot of anything else to make them look nice. I really hope ProvoCraft comes up with another cart like this one (other than Nate's ABC's - which is on my wishlist!!).


Details...
- Cut is from Kate's ABC's
- used Martha Stewart lace border puch
- sentiment 'Beautiful on the inside & out' - which I LOVE - is from Pink By Design All Girl set
- yellow purse is embossed with Tiny Bubbles Cuttlebug folder
- pearls from my stash & doodles with my white gelly roll pen

I inked around almost everything with Tim Holtz Distress Ink to give it a bit of a vintage look. When I use this technique I find using a make up sponge (from the dollar store) works the best! I had purchased a blending tool a while ago, used it once and then went back to my sponge! Just a little tip if you would like try this tecnique and don't want to purchase a blending tool...

I may even make a bag to match this (surprise surprise! :)). I've been lucky with the amount of time I've had in my craft room so I'm hoping my luck continues!! It would be amazing if my Mother's Day gift was a whole day alone to do scrapbooking... I can dream, can't I?? :)

Have you guys been up on all the stamp releases this week??? Wow is all I have to say. My wallet is getting mighty itchy! :) My Pink Stamper released some awesome sets, as well as Pink By Design. I saw a super cute set of Scrappy Mom stamps released this morning... It's a princess set! I think that's definitely on my wish list!

Hopefully be back soon!!

2 comments:

June Houck said...

Love your card! I may have to add that cartridge to my wish list.

Jessica Buffa said...

Hi Candace,
Thanks for the lovely comment on the card. I only got 2 challenges done so far, but today is off to a good start so I may finish a few more. I would love more chances to win the Cricut Imagine!!! :O)
Hope your day is eventful!
Jessica