Monday, November 21, 2011

Oh Christmas Tree


Today is my day to post over at Pink By Design!!! I made a cute little Christmas tree from a foam cone and some cardstock!! Here is what my post over at Pink By Design reads....

Hope you all had a great weekend!!! Candace here from Scrappin' 2 Little Princesses. Today I have a Christmas project to share with you. 

Supplies:
- foam cone (this one is 9")
- cardstock
- background stamp
- paper trimmer
- small pins
- lace
- bell

How to make:



Start off by choosing some cardstock - I choose my main color to be green and accents of red and this stamped cardstock I made myself. I took a plain sheet of cardstock, stamped it using the Distressed Music background stamp. I also spritzed it with gold Pearl Ex mixed with water in a spritzing bottle. 
After spritzing and stamping the paper, I cut it into strips 3/4"x4" in size. I inked the edges of the music cardstock with Vintage Photo distress ink. 
Cut the rest of the cardstock into strips as well, count on having twice as many main color (green) strips than the other colors. 

Using pins, curl the strips in half without folding them and pin them into the styrafoam. Keep adding the strips in rows, making sure you alternate the strips so the ones on the upper row are placed over the space in between the teo strips underneath. 

Continue adding the strips all the way to the top of the cone. At the top of the cone, add some lace around the top and a jingle bell on the very top. 
These trees would look great in groups of 2 or three different sizes. I plan on making two more and putting them in the center of our table! 
I also have some great news today!!! Kyle and Sarah have given all the design team members some gift certificates to give away! 'Tis the Season!! :) Here is what I would like you to do to be eligible to win a $20 gift certificate to the Pink By Design store:
- Leave a comment here
- Head on over to my blog www.scrappin2littleprincesses.blogspot.com and make sure you are a follower
- 'Like' Pink By Design on Facebook if you don't already
That's it!!!! I will choose a winner Tuesday night and the winner will be announced on my blog on Wednesday!!!! Good luck!!! :) 




5 comments:

Beth M said...

Adorable tree. Love the lace and bell for the topper.

Linda Harris said...

Love this tree. What a great idea for centerpieces. Thanks for sharing. Linda Harris Lsunflower58@aol.com

Jessica Buffa said...

My oh My Candace, this is fantastic. I love the idea of using the cone and I think I may have one of those laying around...LOL! I keep so many things, sometimes I forget that I have it until I see a wonderful creation like this to show me what can be done with it. Awesome tutorial, too!
Hugz,
Jessica
You are a queen of giveaways lately...go for it girl!

Sherrie K. said...

Beautiful tree Candace!
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Debbie said...

I love this and can't wait to try it! Thanks for the tutorial. TFS.

Debbie B.
workinscrappinmomof4.blogspot.com