Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Moments with you...

Here is my post over at Pink By Design today!!!

*******************************************************************************

Hi everyone!! Candace from Scrappin' 2 Little Princesses here. Today I have a card to show you!!



This sentiment came from the  stamp set The Life You Imagined.
Flowers and rosettes are allll the rage right now!! I don't have a cartridge that cuts the flowers or rosettes yet, but I do have a little addiction to making little felt flowers. Here is how I made this flower...



1. Cut a circle out of felt, using any circle shape you can find as a template. (I used the lid of a salt shaker I use for storage in my craft room)
2. Starting at the outside edge of the circle, begin cutting the felt into a spiral



3. Cut the whole circle into the spiral shape - don't worry about being exact when cutting, when the "thickness" of the spiral changes it just adds more character to the complete flower



4. Starting with the center of the spiral, add some glue (I used ZipDry) to felt along the bottom edge of the felt and then begin to roll the felt around to make the shape of a flower



5. Once the felt has been all glued, you can add a rhinestone, pearl, etc. to the center to dress it up TIP: Don't do what I did.... I used a black pen to trace my circle and forgot to flip it over before gluing... now my black pen is visible... quick fix is to ink the flower up a bit!



Hope you enjoyed my little tutorial!! Make sure you come back for more inspiration tomorrow!!



No comments: