Saturday, January 19, 2013

Fish in The Sea




Hey friends! Today my project is a bit different than my usual style. I was inspired by a couple different places Alley Way Stamps Challenge as well as a sketch I saw over at Chick-N-Scrap




I was also inspired by orange in the inspiration photo at Verve Stamps. 


Once in a while I try my hand at CAS (Clean And Simple - for those of you who don't know what CAS means, like me not too long ago! :)) but for some reason, I always feel like I need more on my cards... I think I feel like the more effort I put into a card, the better it will be. 


This sentiment is from Pink By Design and the fish is a free digi file available from The Alley Way Stamps. I took the digi (in PNG format) into Silhouette Studio, traced it and filled in various pieces of the fish. The fish's body is filled with digital paper from the Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons. Then I printed out the fish, and cut it with my cameo! To avoid seeing any white along the edges, I used a black Zig pen to color in any white spots. I used a glossy sakura pen to draw my bubbles. 

I am so happy with this card and love how it turned out!! I will definitely be working on more CAS cards!! 

4 comments:

jessica said...

This is super adorable!!! LOVE the fishy you used and the beautiful CAS design!!Awesome take on the sketch and photo inspiration!!!
Ok now we need to get you up to date with the current challenge over at TAWS :) I would LOVE to see you play along with that one!!!
http://www.thealleywaystamps.blogspot.com/2013/01/be-inspired-20.html
Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT weekend!!

ScrappyRae10 said...

SO cute cute cute!

L.B. said...

such a fun and sweet card. Love your colors and the fish stamp is super sweet

Lisa said...

This is so cute it makes me smile!! Love the fishie and the awesome sentiment!! Happy Saturday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts