Friday, February 1, 2013

You Make My Heart Smile

I have such a fun post today!! :) I have been wanting to do a Valentine photo shoot with my older girls and we finally got to it yesterday. I had a few ideas in mind for props for our shoot and it meant I had to hit my craft room first (twist my rubber arm.. ;)). 

My inspiration for my heart banner was the current challenge over at My Creative Time. You had to use 1 bow, 2 patterned paper, and 3 buttons. This worked perfectly with what I had in mind for my banner...



I used a cute little bow cut from the Silhouette store and added a button in the middle.


I used some digital paper to fill in my hearts in my Silhouette software...


And I also added some text that I printed out on the hearts. Then I threaded a looooong piece of red satin ribbon through the holes in the hearts (which I also added to the hearts in Silhouette Studio). 

And of course I can't NOT show you some of my fav pics from our photo shoot!! :) First was Bria, who was SO excited when I told her we were doing a photo shoot. She was so concerned about what she as going to wear! Talk about 4 going on 14!! 




And next was Brittyn's turn!! She insisted on wearing my heels too. Every time they fell off she kept saying,"Oh no! My photo shoot!!" but I finally figured out she was saying... "Oh no! My photo SHOES!!" So funny...




Don't you love my banner in the background? I'm super happy with how it turned out!! :) 

8 comments:

Cassandra said...

Love Love Love! Your litte banner is just awesome! But those pictures are just priceless!! Thanks for joining us in the My Creative Time ~ Designer's Challenge.

Lisa said...

Your banner is so awesome!! I love the design!! And oh my gosh, the pictures are fabulous!! How adorable is the one of Brittyn where she looks so sad!! You did an amazing job with all of the shots!! Your daughters are gorgeous!! Happy Friday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

jessica said...

Ok i love your gorgeous banner....but we are putting that aside and I have to say I LOVE your GORGEOUS girls and that photo shoot!! OMG how fun is this!!! What photogenic kiddo's you have!! I LOVE all these pictures....What an awesome idea and and fun memory!!!

Debbie said...

Your banner is great, but your girls are adorable!!!

Cindy Beland said...

FANTASTIC job with your great banner!!!those photo are sooo CUTE,she is just ADORABLE!Thanks for joining us at My Creative Time/Designer's Challenge!!!:)

Leanne said...

Awesome banner! You did a AMAZING job with the photo shoot!! Your girls are adorable!! Thanks for playing along with us at My Creative Time's Designer's Challenge! Hugs, Leanne

liz at liz's paper loft said...

love your banner and you pictures are just darling! thanks for playing with us at My Creative Time's Designer Challenge!
liz

My Creative Time said...

Your banner is just WAY TOOO CUTE my friend! Thanks for joining us!
Hugs,
Emma:)